What are I Choose To Win's Strategic Priorities?
Here are our previous year annual reports, which offers a recap of our operational years – and outlines our current year Strategic Priorities. To learn more, feel free to contact our Founder and Executive Director, Melonie Butler.
To Summarize, we have listed the following as priorities:
- Introduce New Programming
- Identify and Target Key Organizations for sponsorship and/or partnership
- Strategically expand Board of Directors
- Implement multi-channel fundraising strategy
- Identify and apply for grants and unrestricted funds
- Increase capacity building initiatives
Is I Choose To Win a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization?
Yes, I Choose To Win is a 501 (c) (3) recognized nonprofit organization as a public charity. For financial gifts over $50 and donated services or products exceeding $250, we provide a donation letter for tax exemption. If you would like to donate to support our organizational mission, you may do so here.
How can my company support I Choose To Win?
Companies looking to sponsor I Choose To Win programming – we need your help as we are seeking sponsorship funding to offer the following:
- 4-week program for Young Women on the Rise! ($2,000 Sponsorship)
- 4-week program for Evolving Business Women ($2,500 Sponsorship)
- 6-week youth group home program: Believing in Me! ($2,000 Sponsorship)
- 3-month program for high school students ($4,000 Sponsorship)
If you are interested in sponsoring or co-sponsoring one of the above programs, please contact us. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Other than financial donations, in what ways can I support I Choose To Win?
Volunteer your time and expertise. Click here to apply.
Contact Us if you are able to donate space or a venue, food/meals, journals and pens, workshop supplies, raffle items and more. When donated, we are able to reduce or eliminate costs for attendees, which increases our likelihood of reaching more women. If your company is able to provide non-cash resources, we welcome the opportunity to learn more. Please contact us and let us know how you would like to support I Choose To Win.
What program types do you offer?
Our organization offers programming for retreats, workshops, motivational speaking and ongoing mentoring. We serve diverse audiences. Though our mission is women’s empowerment, our messaging and content are applicable for males, too. We customize our approach and messaging to appeal to the audience at hand.
To learn more about our programming, visit our program page.
What's required to book I Choose To Win for an event?
To book I Choose To Win for a retreat, workshop or motivational speaking opportunity, simply Contact Us. Tell us the name of your organization, the audience demographics, the objective of the event, the timeframe (date, time, length) and your program budget. With these details, we develop a proposal to meet the objective in the timeframe, which includes a program outline, a list of needs and costs. A minimum nonrefundable deposit of $250 is required to hold a specific date.
Does I Choose To Win enter into partnerships?
Yes, I Choose To Win will enter into either program-specific or event-specific partnerships. Currently, I Choose To Win does not have any partnership agreements with any organization, school, corporation or entity.
Who are the members of your Board?
Our Board Members include:
- Melonie Butler, Founder and President
- Candy Manning, Vice President
- Phil Butler, Treasurer
- Mallory Clements, Secretary
- Michael Bowman, Member-At-Large
If you are interested in a board position, please contact us. We will inquire of your professional background, reasons for wanting to support our mission and professional affiliations. We are currently seeking individuals with a strong background in the nonprofit management sector, financial services industry, Philadelphia connectors and higher education industry.
How to make a donation?
Our nonprofit is sustained by donors, contributors and sponsors. If you would like to make a donation, you may do any of the following:
- Click Donate Now to generously give unrestricted financial contributions toward our mission
- Purchase our branded merchandise, from which a percentage of all sales generates revenue for our organization.
- Participate in our Giving Campaign. We invite individuals to give at varying levels in part of our annual giving campaigns.
- Attend an event. Most of our events are fundraising in nature.
- Sponsor a program. If you are interested sponsorship or partnership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856.278.0604. Corporations may give generously at any time – we will provide any necessary documentation. As a contributor or sponsor, you may support a specific program, workshop title, local event or fundraiser. Let us know how we can help advance your mission – while also advancing our mission.
- Invite us to apply for a grant. We diligently seek opportunities to apply for foundation or community grants with grant makers whose giving priorities are women and children, youth development, entrepreneurship or economic development, behavioral health and the arts.
Is there a way to attend a meeting?
Board meetings are scheduled in advance and are intended for board members, volunteers, members-at-large and invited guests. When applicable, we may have event-focused meetings where guests are also invited. If you are interested in staying in the loop, please sign up for our newsletter.
How can I become a volunteer?
We have an online application process for volunteers. And, once we receive your application, we take inventory of your gifts and areas of strengths to identify the best options for volunteering – either through delivery of professional services, mentoring, program facilitation and much more. Interaction with young women age 18 or less requires government clearances (which must be provided by the applicant). If you are also interested in helping women identify their purpose, pursue their passion, harness their power and realize their potential – contact us. To apply now, click here.
Do you accept Interns?
Yes. We accept interns on an as-needed basis. We typically announce or promote when we are searching for interns. We will provide an internship plan to you and your school outlining the expectations for the internship, including number of overall hours, internship scope and necessary in-person meetings. We will work directly with your academic institution for a fair exchange of college credits for your nonprofit experience. The areas we commonly seek interns: Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Social Media and Event Planning. If interested, apply online. Click to apply for an internship.
How do I get my government clearances to volunteer?
As of July 1, 2015, background checks and government clearances are required for interaction with young adults and minors under the age of 18. This takes about a 2-3 week turnaround. Cost is $10-15 and is the expense of volunteers. The new law’s effective date is July 1 2016 to serve. Details are provided here: http://www.keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/C_135249.pdf
Is I Choose To Win ONLY for faith-based audiences?
No. Though I Choose to Win is rooted in the Christian faith, the program nor the organization places limits on its audience or their belief systems. We believe that every person has a God-given purpose, possesses a source of personal power when pursuing their passion and realizing their potential. We help people recognize this in their own life, so they may decide to unleash those gifts to positively impact the world – and serve one another so God is glorified.
Is I Choose To Win hiring?
Unfortunately, not at this time.
I want to participate in a program. When is the next one?
Most of I Choose To Win’s events are open and announced in advance allowing participants weeks notice to sign up. However, there are times when I Choose To Win is invited to participate in closed events hosted by specific organizations for their audience. Our suggestion would be to stay in the loop by signing up for our newsletter and follow our social media sites for the most up-to-date happenings.